ECSC-WSPCHS 2016 is looking forward to your poster presentation and participation at the 7th Emirates Cardiac Society Congress in conjunction with 5th Scientific Meeting of the World Society for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery.
Guidelines for Poster Presentation
- The poster should be a visual presentation of your submitted abstract and should meet the following criteria:
- Title: The title should be the same as in the submitted abstract.
- Poster Size: Your poster should fit on a poster board that is 100 cm wide x 197 cm high. The exact poster dimensions are up to poster presenters, but it is recommended to be no larger than 90 cm wide x 135 cm high for ease of vertical viewing.
- Use a font size that can be read easily from a considerable distance (4 feet or more). Try using a type size between 14-20 pt. The title should be larger than the rest of the text. Select a legible font such as Times New Roman. Times Roman, Baskerville or Palatino.
- Use pictures, symbols and color. Figure legends are essential and should be short but informative. If using graphs, they should have a short heading. For visual effect, we recommend that graphs be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.
- Photographs should be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.
- The message that your poster contains should be clear and understandable without the requirement of oral explanation. If relevant, methods should be presented simply and concisely.
- Results should be presented graphically if possible. Avoid large tables of data. Results should be in line with those originally submitted in your abstract.
- Use the space to attract your audience for discussion, not to present complex details of methods and results.
- Posters will be available for viewing for the duration of the Congress.
- Please carry a printed copy of your poster.
- No computers or extra aids may be used during a poster presentation.
- No commercial activities or any advertising may be displayed on the posters. Non-compliance with this rule will result in the poster being removed.
- Do not mail your poster to the Congress Secretariat or to the venue.
- All posters left after the removal period will be discarded.