DR. J V DE GIOVANNI, MD. FRCP. FRCPCH. MOM.
1. MD Malta, MRCP and subsequently FRCP, MRCPCH and subsequently FRCPCH
2. Commonwealth Scholar
3. Post-graduate training in adult and paediatric cardiology in various Birmingham Hospitals and at the Royal
Brompton in London. Main interests include interventions in adults and children with congenital heart disease,
non-coronary structural intervention and arrhythmia therapy.
4. Over 150 publications
5. Over 600 presentations at Scientific Meetings
6. Awards: (i) PICS-AICS 2015 for Innovation in Congenital and Structural Interventions (ii) Arrhythmia Alliance
Outstanding Individual Award for arrhythmia Services 2015 (iii) Lifetime Achievement Award from BCCA 2015
(iv) Life Member for AEPC (v) Silver Clinical Excellent Award NHS UK
7. Several pioneering innovations in interventions including Radiofrequency Septal Reduction for Hypertrophic
cardiomyopathy, Fenestration for TCPC via jugular vein, Designed a partial Fenestration closure device (now
marketed by Cardia)
8, Consultant Cardiologist at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Birmingham Children’s Hospital with numerous
Honorary appointments in the UK